EasyHostingASP.NET | Best and cheap ownCloud hosting. ownCloud is a universal file access platform that is hosted in your data center, on your servers, using your storage. ownCloud delivers the visibility, control and integration into complex, secure and compliant environments that IT needs while providing users the frictionless access to all of their files from any device. This is made possible through ownCloud’s open, modular architecture, extreme extensibility and unique federated cloud sharing capabilities.
The ownCloud Solution – Universal Access to All of Your Data
ownCloud provides Universal File Access through a single front-end to all of IT’s disparate systems. Users can access company files on any device, anytime, from anywhere while IT can manage, control and audit file sharing activity to ensure security and compliance measures are met. It is provided through a common file access layer regardless of where the data lives – in applications, object stores, on-premises storage or in the cloud – all completely managed, secured and controlled by IT. It provides frictionless collaboration – all while maintaining the policies and procedures that IT has established to effectively manage the business.
Existing Infrastructure: ownCloud mounts any object store like S3 or SharePoint, and has APIs to integrate easily with existing tool chains and the corporate infrastructure including:
- SharePoint: ownCloud treats SharePoint as an external storage location, translating ownCloud commands into SharePoint commands and enabling mobile, web and sync client access. With SharePoint integration, ownCloud users can directly access their SharePoint document libraries.
- Windows Network Drives: ownCloud administrators can integrate one or more network drives within a single ownCloud instance, treating them as external storage and allowing users to access, sync and share files stored on the Windows network drives.
- S3, Swift, Ceph, FTP: ownCloud leverages storage that already exists, including S3, Swift, Ceph, FTP or any type of storage that follows standard storage protocols.
Best and Cheap ownCloud Hosting
Find the best ownCloud Web Hosting company from our recommended list of good asp.net web hosts below. These hosts offer good ownCloud hosting plans and are feature rich.
Built with a goal of providing universal file access, ownCloud provides the same simple interface to admins, but has extended the ability to integrate more and more data—both onsite and in the cloud. Users have access to a full suite of file sharing features, and can work collaboratively at their desks, from their laptops, on their tablets and on their phones. ownCloud is fast and easy to install; you choose the servers onto which ownCloud is installed and integrate with files where they are stored. Wizard interfaces enable you to integrate ownCloud with existing Active Directory/LDAP services (and any authentication service accessible via SAML),SharePoint, Windows network drive(s) and more. ownCloud’s File Firewall provides you with advanced rules-driven access controls and encryption can be configured to meet your specific security requirements.
ownCloud integrates seamlessly with your existing security, DLP, MDM, event logging, monitoring and back-up systems. And ownCloud’s open architecture and APIs allow you to easily add corporate branding, and extend core functionality as needed to meet your evolving needs.
At ownCloud, we take security very seriously and we know that it encompasses broad considerations, processes and technologies. ownCloud installs in your data center; managed by you, to your policies, following your procedures. Encryption at rest secures your files on the server and still allows sharing among users. The File Firewall ensures all access requests meet rules set by the administrator, and existing infrastructure – such as intrusion detection and log management – can provide added layers of security. With WebDAV, mobile libraries and the ownCloud API as well as several enterprise-only apps, secure file sharing is in your control.
- ASPHostPortal vs Site5 – Best Windows ASP.NET Hosting Comparison - September 29, 2017
- Best , Cheap Umbraco 7.7.1 Hosting Recommendation - September 28, 2017
- ASP.NET Web Forms Connection Resiliency and Command Interception - September 27, 2017