What is Moodle?
Moodle is a learning platform designed to provide educators, administrators and learners with a single robust, secure and integrated system to create personalised learning environments. You can download the software onto your own web server or ask one of their knowledgable Moodle Partners to assist you.
Moodle is built by the Moodle project which is led and coordinated by Moodle HQ, an Australian company of 30 developers which is financially supported by a network of over 60 Moodle Partner service companies worldwide.
The main features include :
- A number of security related issues have been resolved
- Export logs now contains the year
- Fixed error in grade totals when using natural grading and excluding hidden items that appeared only when viewed by students
- Database module now enables you to set dates in a broader range and respects calendar type plugin
- Messaging screen now indicates when a message is not sent
- Flowplayer is now working with insecure configuration of request_order
What is New in Moodle 3.0.2?
Moodle 3.0.2 is a special release outside of the normal release schedule. The main highlight is support of PHP 7.0. This is the new major version of the programming language Moodle is written in; it has significantly better performance but at the same time lots of changes in the engine. Please note that Moodle 3.0.2 will show errors if run on PHP 7.
Before upgrading to PHP 7 version on production servers, you are recommended to test all plugins thoroughly. See Moodle and PHP7 for developer documentation.
PHP 7 was released on 3 December 2015 and is still very young. Not all libraries and/or drivers are available yet for PHP 7. For example, there are no drivers for SQL*Server. Other drivers required by your plugins may also be missing.
Choose The Best Moodle 3.0.2 Hosting
When it comes to choosing the best Moodle 3.0.2 hosting, we’re bound and determined to find out which company is providing the most value. There are some major components that make up a great host in our opinion, and those are Performance, Knowledge, Speed, Reliability of Support, and Pricing and the overall product offering. After reviewed many Moodle hosting provider, we highly recommend ASPHostPortal for your Moodle 3.0.2 hosting solution.
ASPHostPortal.com was one of our top performers, and is especially impressive considering the $5.00 price point for their startup Moodle hosting plan. ASPHostPortal has been offering hosting services for more than 8 years and is a good option if you are looking for shared hosting. They offer great, reliable hosting at an incredibly good price that is hard to beat from a reputable company. Not only that ASPHostPortal also offers very reliable hosting with easy installation of Moodle 3.0.1, 24/7 support, and a long track record.
The following are some reasons why ASPHostPortal should be your choice.
- ASPHostPortal vs Site5 – Best Windows ASP.NET Hosting Comparison - September 29, 2017
- Best , Cheap Umbraco 7.7.1 Hosting Recommendation - September 28, 2017
- ASP.NET Web Forms Connection Resiliency and Command Interception - September 27, 2017