EasyHostingASP.NET | Cheap and reliable ASP.NET State Server session. In this post I will show you how to configure the ASP.NET session state store provider, you must update the web.config file for the ASP.NET application to include the ASP.NET session state store provider and its configuration.
Before you begin
- Configure a data grid to store ASP.NET HTTP session state.
- You must have the catalog server host and port.
- Update the web.config file of your ASP.NET application with settings for the ASP.NET session state store provider. You must update or add the text in bold in the following example to the web.config file.
IBM.WebSphere.Caching, Version=188.8.131.520, Culture=neutral,
wxsPropertyFile (optional)Specifies the fully qualified properties file that the provider uses when it connects to the data grid with the Connect API. If this attribute is not specified or is an empty string, the provider looks for the Client.Net.properties file in the current runtime directory of the web application process. If the provider does not find the file in the runtime directory, it looks for the Client.Net.properties file in the net_client_home\config directory.wxsHostAndPort (optional)Specifies a comma-separated list of catalog server host and port pairs to which the session state store provider connects when it accesses the data grid. The format follows:
<host name or host ip address>:<tcp port>[,<host name or host ip address>:<tcp port>]
If no value is specified, localhost:2809 is used.
Specifies the name of the data grid to which the ASP.NET session store provider connects. If you created a data grid for ASP.NET session states, specify the data grid name that you created. If you do not specify a value, the provider connects to the session data grid.
Specifies the map to which the provider connects. If you do not specify a value, the provider connects to the ASPNET.SessionState map.
- Restart the target web application. The web application must restart so that the provider can be loaded by IIS. In most cases, after the web.config file is modified and current HTTP request processing is complete, the restart occurs automatically.
ASP.NET session state from your ASP.NET application is stored in the data grid.
- ASPHostPortal vs Site5 – Best Windows ASP.NET Hosting Comparison - September 29, 2017
- Best , Cheap Umbraco 7.7.1 Hosting Recommendation - September 28, 2017
- ASP.NET Web Forms Connection Resiliency and Command Interception - September 27, 2017