EasyHostingASP.NET | Best and cheap Visual Studio 2017 hosting. In this post we will explains how to create Visual Studio 2017. You can create an offline installation layout that contains all the files you need to install Visual Studio 2017 RC without requiring Internet access.
To create an offline installation layout of Visual Studio
- Download the Visual Studio setup executable file to a drive on your local machine. For example, download the vs_enterprise.exe file.
vs_enterprise.exewith the following arguments (switches) from a command prompt:a. Add
--layout <path>, where
<path>is the location where you want the layout to download to. Note that relative paths (e.g.
..\vs2017) are not supported at present. By default, all languages are downloaded. (See Example A.)
b. Restrict the download to a subset of the available languages by providing the
--lang <language>argument, where
<language>is one or more of the ISO country codes. (See Example B and Example C.)
Example A: Install all languages
vs_enterprise.exe --layout C:\vs2017
Example B: Install one language
vs_enterprise.exe --layout C:\vs2017 --lang en-US
Example C: Install multiple languages
vs_enterprise.exe --layout C:\vs2017 --lang en-US de-DE ja-JP
|pt-BR||Portuguese – Brazil|
|zh-CN||Chinese – Simplified|
|zh-TW||Chinese – Traditional|
Install from a layout
To install Visual Studio from an offline installation layout
- On the target machine, navigate to the Certificates folder, which is in the Layout folder.
- Right-click and install each certificate in the Certificates folder.(If you are prompted for a password after you install a certificate, click Continue.)
vs_enterprise.exefrom the Layout folder.
Update an installation layout
As updates become available for Visual Studio 2017 RC, you can run the
--layout command again, pointing to the same layout folder, to ensure that the folder contains the latest components. Only those components that have been updated since the last time
--layout was run will be downloaded.
- ASPHostPortal vs Site5 – Best Windows ASP.NET Hosting Comparison - September 29, 2017
- Best , Cheap Umbraco 7.7.1 Hosting Recommendation - September 28, 2017
- ASP.NET Web Forms Connection Resiliency and Command Interception - September 27, 2017